Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Art Lessons with Mom

Sloans' sketch. I love it. We had such a fun time doing this project.

I just sat beside Sloan and sketched the steps. She followed along and did exactly what I did. I didn't help her at all on her paper. I just guided her by saying, "Watch what I am doing now", or I would ask her questions and then help her figure them out. I also sketched with shapes that were easy for her to understand. I broke shapes down and built them up into the the different facial features. I feel like she really got it. 

Sloan and I decided this past Sunday that we would have three art nights each week. I am very excited about these art lessons. It's time just Sloan and I can spend together. I think she enjoys them also. Tonight she begged me to teach her how to draw a nose. So I figured it was as good a time as any to teach her how to draw a face. It's a very simple formula and kid's as young as 1st grade can grasp the measurements. I was blown away at how well she followed directions. 

P.S. Please excuse the cheesy drawing that I did. I was just demonstrating.

4 comments:

Katy said...

WOW!!! That is really impressive!!! She did a wonderful job!!!!

Art Nest said...

Sloan, you did great on the face! So did you Summer, lol.
Keep up the great art work!
love, Zana and Jolie

Football and Fried Rice said...

Can I just Say, WoW"!

Artfulife said...

thanks! all;)